- Responsible for review of all Emergency Department accounts and entry of all appropriate E/M levels, ancillary charges, and procedures.
- Responsible for review of all observation status claims for determination of observation charges and applicable injection/infusion charges.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Utilize patient clinical documentation to enter data into McKesson Intelligent Coding software.
- Review chart for appropriate documentation to support E/M level and procedures.
- Process charts in timely manner to insure prompt coding and billing.
- Report clinical documentation inadequacies and discrepancies system report and chart copies to Emergency Department Director.
- Assist Chargemaster/RAC Coordinator with maintenance of charges in McKesson Intelligent Coding software.
- Collaborate with HIM, Chargemaster/RAC Coordinator, ER Director, and physicians to resolve charge discrepancies or questions.
- Utilize clinical documentation to identify observation charges for all hospital outpatients.
- Utilize clinical documentation to identify injection and infusion therapy charges for all hospital outpatients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Clinical Discipline (LPN/RN degree preferred) OR
- Coding education/experience (coding certification preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hospital clinical setting.
- Knowledge of clinical processes within a hospital based healthcare system
- Effective communication skills with internal hospital departments and physicians.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, coding, and healthcare billing guidelines.
- Skilled at process improvement techniques and decision making.
- Able to work in fast paced environment, requiring prioritizing and changing tasks frequently.
- Computer competency.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed