The OR Scheduler is responsible for scheduling elective surgical procedures for the operating room, endoscopy, and anesthesia only cases outside of the operating room, with the exception of labor and delivery at Women’s and Children and the cath lab. Other responsibilities include assisting physicians and staff as necessary, providing effective communication, maintaining a safe, orderly office environment and assisting in the orientation of new staff.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
A. EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent, basic keyboard, or ability to use a personal computer.
B. EXPERIENCE: Previous secretarial/receptionist/customer service role (1 year experience required). Medical related experience preferred.
C. C. ADDITIONAL SKILLS/ABILITIES:
· Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Must be able to operate communication system appropriately (telephones, fax machine).
· Must have customer service orientation – including the ability to communicate and articulate effectively in English with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and the ability to use effective interpersonal and teamwork skills when working with a variety of people and situations.
· Must be able to utilize effective time management skills, organize workload, accomplish goals and objectives, and meet deadlines.
· Must be able to establish priorities, delegate when required and follow up in problem solving—including the ability to adapt to an often stressful and rapidly changing environment.
· Must be attentive to detail.
· Ability to problem solve and negotiate for positive results with staff and physicians.